Saffron Rice Without Stock Recipe – A Dorreen Saffron Delight
There’s something magical about the rich, golden hue and luxurious aroma that saffron brings to any dish. If you've been seeking the perfect recipe for saffron rice without stock, you're in the right place. This simple and flavorful preparation, brought to you by Dorreen Saffron, delivers an authentic taste experience that's sure to elevate any meal.
- 2 cups of long-grain rice (Basmati or Jasmine work best)
- 2 ½ cups of water
- A generous pinch of Dorreen Saffron threads
- 3 tbsp of unsalted butter or ghee
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (optional for extra flavor)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly chopped parsley or cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Saffron Infusion: Begin by soaking the Dorreen Saffron threads in 2 tablespoons of warm water. Allow them to infuse for at least 20 minutes, until the water takes on a deep golden color.
- Rice Preparation: Wash the rice in several changes of cold water until the water runs clear. This will help in removing any excess starch and prevent the rice from sticking together.
- Sautéing: In a heavy-bottomed pan or skillet, melt the butter or ghee over medium heat. If you’re using onions, add them now and sauté until they're translucent.
- Cooking the Rice: Add the washed rice to the skillet and stir gently, ensuring each grain is coated with the butter or ghee. Allow the rice to toast slightly for 1-2 minutes, taking care not to let it brown.
- Adding the Saffron: Pour the saffron-infused water over the rice, stirring gently to ensure even distribution. The Dorreen Saffron threads will impart a rich golden hue and a distinct aroma to the dish.
- Simmer & Serve: Add the 2 ½ cups of water and salt to the pan. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and cover the skillet with a tight-fitting lid. Let the rice simmer for about 15-20 minutes until all the water is absorbed, and the rice is tender. Fluff the saffron rice gently with a fork, garnish with freshly chopped parsley or cilantro if desired, and serve hot.
- For an extra layer of flavor, you can add a bay leaf or cardamom pods to the rice while it's cooking.
- Always use a tight-fitting lid to ensure proper steam circulation within the skillet.
Savor the luxurious flavors of the Middle East right at home with this simple yet decadent saffron rice without stock recipe. With the superior quality and rich aroma of Dorreen Saffron threads, you're sure to impress your family and guests with this culinary masterpiece. Happy cooking!