Saffron Chicken Biryani
Dorreen Saffron is carefully plucked from the most recent harvest and packed with utmost care to retain the purity and perfection of natural saffron.
It enhances the taste of any recipe it is added to and turns it into the most precious delicacy served on the table.
Biryani is one of the most loved, authentic, classic rice-based dishes to have originated from India. Saffron is the secret ingredient of not just its recipe but also its worldwide popularity.
Today we are sharing the recipe of Saffron Chicken recipe, which you can try at your home and savour a great meal, the aroma of which will tempt your senses right from its making!
Ingredients for Chicken Biryani
- 1 tbsp Ghee (Clarified Butter)
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Inch Cinnamon Stick
- 2-3 Cloves
- 3-4 Black Peppercorns
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 1 Tbsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 Cup Curd
- Mint Leaves (finely chopped)
- Saffron Strands
- Chicken pieces (boiled and marinated)
- 1 cup water
- 2 Cups Rice (half boiled)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Saffron Milk
How to prepare Chicken Biryani
- Take a thick bottomed pan and 1 tablespoon Ghee to it.
- As ghee begins to heat up, we will add the whole spices. Bay leaf goes in first along with cinnamon, cloves, and black pepper.
- As the spices begin to sputter, add onions
- Mix it well and let it cook till the onion turns light brown in color.
- Once the onion turns its color add red chilli powder, salt, and curd
- Lower the flame at this point in time and mix everything well slowly.
- Add a pinch of saffron to this mixture and cook for 1 minute.
- Now add the overnight marinated chicken. (Chicken pieces to be boiled first, then marinated and kept for one night for best flavors.)
- Add mint leaves and water.
- Cover the pan and let it cook.
- On the side, add a pinch of saffron to the milk.
- Now, add half-cooked rice to the pan and spread it on top of the mixture.
- Add the remaining ghee to this rice spread and place boiled egg pieces as well.
- Add the saffron milk spreading it all around
- Top it with a few mint leaves and cover the lid and let it steam cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve hot with salad or curd.
Share your biryani experience in the comments below.